Get the Dimensions of Your Lot
- Visit http://www.nashville.gov/mpc/maps/property.asp
- Under Disclaimer, click “I AGREE – CONTINUE.”
- The page usually opens on the search option. If not, select it.
- Select criterion for search (Parcel or Owner or Address).
- Enter appropriate information and click on SEARCH
- Click on “Parcel ID” A diagram of your lot appears on the right, with additional information on the left.
Note: There is a toolbar above the map which can be used for changing scale and moving the map around:- select button on toolbar, return cursor to map, click once to increase or decrease magnification, or hold down and move cursor to reposition the map (after the toolbar hand has been is selected). There is also a scale converter at the lower left which can be used to change magnification.
Get Additional Information
- While keeping the map of your lot on the screen, click “Layers” on the left side-bar.
- Open folders of interest and click on the box for the item desired. The most useful layers are:
- Planimetric Features folder: walls & fences box (gives plantation & other walls)
- Water Features folder: streams & rivers box
- Topographic Features folder: contour elevation lines box
- Aerial Photography folder: select year
Note: You can have more than one layer on your map at a time.